UL and CSA Certification Now Available!
The new Ai SolventVap 10L series rotary evaporators are now UL/CSA compliant. This optional certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and durability. We also provide retro-certification services for any Ai SolventVap (5L or larger) that is already on the field.
Ai proudly offers these important certifications at a fraction of the cost of other brands. Contact us today for a quote!
What Is A Rotary Evaporator?
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. Rotary evaporation is most often and conveniently applied to separate “low boiling” solvents such as n-hexane or ethyl acetate from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. Careful application also allows removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound if there is minimal co-evaporation, and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Our SolventVap series rotary evaporators are built to deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are comparable to much more costly systems at a fraction of the price!
SolventVap rotary evaporators come with all-PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. They also come are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit is specially designed to efficiently utilize surface area. For these reasons, our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Standard Glassware Set includes 2.6 gallon (10 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 1.3 gallon (5 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty and lifetime US-based parts and service support.
All rotary evaporators are intended for lawful purposes only.