Formulations for creating final productsFormulations is a very board term used for the final mixing, blending, and emulsifications, that are often needed to produce an end product. This can be as simple as re-introducing terpenes to a distillate, or as complex as performing nano emulsification. All blended cosmetics, topical lotions, food items, etc. are also included in this final step.
Common tools for formulations
The range of tools for formulations is as wide as the range of formulations themselves. Mixing vessels can be as simple as a beaker or food blender, and as sophisticated a jacketed reactor. Devices for sonication and nano emulsification are essential for the creation of cannabis infused beverages and water-soluble products.
SonoMechanics 600W Ultrasonic Continuous Liquid Processor
- The LSP-600 ultrasonic liquid processor is most commonly supplied with a 600 W ultrasonic generator, air-cooled transducer, and full-wave Barbell Horn®.
- The LSP-600 processor can be used in batch and flow-through configurations (see schematics on the left).
- The LSP-600 processor utilizes patented Barbell Horn® Ultrasonic Technology (BHUT), which makes it possible to generate extremely high ultrasonic amplitudes at any scale of operation.
Sonication can be used for the production of nanoparticles, such as nanoemulsions, nanocrystals, liposomes, and wax emulsions, as well as for wastewater purification, degassing, extraction of plant oil, extraction of anthocyanins and antioxidants, production of biofuels, crude oil desulphurization, cell disruption, polymer and epoxy processing, adhesive thinning, and many other processes. Sonication is also commonly used in nanotechnology for evenly dispersing nanoparticles in liquids.
350C 2000RPM 1-Gallon PID Magnetic Stirrer With 7″ Heated Plate
- ETL tested to UL and CSA standards (optional), CE (standard)
- Thermocouple failure protection
- Built-in fuse protection
- PID control with digital temperature and rotation speed display
- Warranty: One year
Magnetic stirrers are often used in chemistry and biology. They are preferred over gear-driven motorized stirrers because they are quieter, more efficient, and have no moving external parts to break or wear out (other than the simple bar magnet itself). Because of its small size, a stirring bar is more easily cleaned and sterilized than other stirring devices. They do not require lubricants which could contaminate the reaction vessel and the product. They can be used inside hermetically closed vessels or systems, without the need for complicated rotary seals. Magnetic stirrers may also include a hot plate or some other means for heating the liquid.
Harvest Right PHARMACEUTICAL Medium Freeze Dryer W/ 7.2 Cfm Pump
Oil Mist Filter: Both pumps come with an oil mist filter. However, the Industrial Pump’s oil mist filter allows for no oil spray at all, and it will last much longer.
Power Use: The Industrial Pump uses less power than the Standard Pump (187 watts verses 218 watts).
Amperage: Under hot conditions at ultimate vacuum pressure the Standard Pump pulls 2.1 amps while the Industrial Pump only pulls 1.7 amps. Hence, the Industrial Pump is more efficient.
Weight: The Industrial Pump is easier to move around as it weighs 5 pounds less than the Standard Pump (32 lbs.)
Life: The Industrial Pump is more durable and will last longer than the Standard Pump.
Ai Dual-Jacketed 200L 316L-Grade Stainless Steel Reactor
- Pharmaceutical grade 316L stainless steel, electro-polished internal chamber surface.
- Peer-reviewed for: ethanol, heptane, hexane, isopropyl alcohol, acetone, methanol, pentane, and denatured ethanol.
- Dual-jacketed insulation to minimize heat transfer loss.
- Explosion-proof models available.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger with 70 internal tubes to maximize surface area for optimized heat transfer and maximum distillation rates.
- Turnkey reactor-utilities packages are available for winterization, decarboxylation, and crystallization.
- Choice of electric or pneumatic motors.
Reaction Vessels are extremely versatile in their applications, and crucial to sectors such as pharmaceutical production, research and process chemistry, botanical extraction and purification, as well as food production, and many others. Across International offers reactors ranging from 10 liters up to 200 liters, with stainless steel and glass options.